COVID-19 Update – March 29 2020

COVID-19 has directly affected all of us. How will it affect the 2020 VOWSA season?

Season most likely delayed

We are as yet unsure how physical distancing and other measures will affect our upcoming VOWSA season. We expect that our practice swims will not start on May 25th as scheduled.

We have paused registration for all practice swims and race events until we have more information on the likelihood of holding our events. We hope to have a truncated season of practice swims and race events.

Meeting in groups to swim

We’re also aware of groups meeting at beaches to do their own open water swims.

VOWSA cannot condone large groups meeting on the beach to do their own ocean or open water swims. There is no lifeguard supervision and it is imperative that we all follow government rules about physical distancing.

We also recommend against swimming alone.

We will update you as we learn more. In the meantime, keep up with us on social media. Our links are below.

Thank you for your patience in these strange and difficult times.
The VOWSA Team